Monday, December 12, 2016

"Bloodpheasant - Grieve"... famous last words...



So, Bloodpheasant hit me square in the jaw in 2015. I was slow on the draw with their previous offering Traum. From Providence, RI USA, this is a great heavy alt-doom/indie-folk group (I know, I know), who are so easy to listen to, it's crazy. I was super excited about this new release, only to find out that it will be their swan song. Each member of the band has something like a thousand other bands to be busy with, but it still makes this a pretty special album. It is a dreamy, dreary, dark & howling spiral staircase of reptile bone and raven tongues... Grieve is a great album. A perfect way to call it day for the band, and worthy of being a little bummed about...




   Get It Here

No comments:

Post a Comment