Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Big News



Nerve Salad is proud to announce our first release!!!



Strippers In Love - I Am What I'm Becoming




This album has been in the player since it came out. It literally blew my mind. So creative, so otherworldly, so DIFFERENT than any other "stoner rock" band out there. A carefully-crafted album, full of nuance and shining moments of genius. Driving home, straight path, sunset at your back, this album playing in the car stereo... need I say more?

I needed to hold this album in my hands as much as it held me in its.

It was only released in a digital format. I found it on Bandcamp.. just sitting there. At NYP, of all things.  I was shocked to find such good music just hanging around casually like that. I waited for labels to bite on it. Such an album deserves a physical release, right? That's all I could think of.. 2016 rolled by. 2017 came and went. 2018 was a blur. All the while, this band could not leave my consciousness. It was fully ingrained in my everyday thoughts by then. I just couldn't fathom why some record label never bothered with this completely amazing album. Was it too "out there"? Was it simply not psych-y enough for the psych labels? Not smoky enough for the stoner rock labels? Not heavy enough for the heavy hitters? Not alt-y enough for the indie labels? I mean.. what gives? I've thought it about it simply too much. 

I'll never understand why labels let this one slip past them. It will forever haunt me if this never gets released on vinyl someday. 

So here it is, Nerve Salad will officially release this album this year. Everything is just about done, and we've never been so excited. The fans of the band wanted SOMETHING... anything... so here's something:

This will be released on LIMITED EDITION digipak CD (with a few surprises), and EXTREMELY LIMITED  cassette. It will feature all new (very beautiful, I might add) artwork, new cover, a wonderfully-done booklet with photos and lyrics, and new liner notes by the band. Let's get this going so we can ultimately, hopefully get this well-deserving band some killer wax someday.

It was time to take action.

This is a very special release, for sure. Keep your eyes peeled for more news. There may be a few more tidbits and additions in the near future.

This is happening, and we couldn't be happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment